I’m not overly artistic although I have some sense of design – evidenced by my blog design and matching Facebook Fan page. When I saw Fresh Paint on my Windows 8 Laptop, I was mildly interested at best. Until I combined my stylus with a paint brush with the touchscreen…. Witness my mid-life crisis, also named “Embracing The Greys”. I started a blank canvas, and the app accessed my webcam. This started as a picture. I chose a brush shape and color and dragged my virtual bristles through the picture on the screen. But wait! There’s more!
I uploaded a picture I had taken with my digital camera while driving around Rhode Island and took an impressionistic approach… Mystic Scenery came about. Do I expect to launch a career in art? Not likely. But I figure if I can do this with Fresh Paint, I can only imagine with a real artist can accomplish.
- Microsoft’s super cool, must-have app Fresh Paint, now available for Windows Phone 8 (wpcentral.com)
- Unleash your inner Picasso with Fresh Paint for Windows Phone 8 (blogs.windows.com)
- Fresh Paint 8.1 beta available, sync your artwork across SkyDrive (wpcentral.com)
- Microsoft Releases A New Preview Of Fresh Paint For Windows 8.1, Adds Support For Watercolor Medium (microsoft-news.com)
- Microsoft Releases Fresh Paint App For Windows Phone 8 Devices (wmpoweruser.com)
- Microsoft gives Fresh Paint a fresh coat of… (pcworld.com)