that would surely come with. I was not up to re-loading my entire operating system if it created too many problems — I’m happy with all the work I’ve done configuring this machine. I visited the Microsoft Kiosk in the Mall and they had a Surface running 8.1 and it was pretty good. So I figured I’d go ahead. About as always to beta; it was not entirely a clean, easy install. Windows 8.1 download link puts on an installer that sends you to the Microsoft App Store. It errored out on me.
I Goggled to find the solution. It is entirely possible to install the beta, but it would require some low-level hands-on work. At the moment, I don’t have the extra time to fiddle with it. I may wind up waiting for the free install to be released. For more information, check out BetaNews or any of the links below.
- Microsoft Delivers More Fixes for Windows 8.1 Preview (winsupersite.com)
- Try it out: Windows 8.1 Preview available now (nbcnews.com)
- How to get the Windows 8.1 preview (howto.cnet.com)
- Download And Install Windows 8.1 Preview Edition On Your Computer (technobol.com)
- Microsoft Releases New Windows 8.1 Preview Updates (news.softpedia.com)