The 10 Best-Kept Secrets of being a woman in the technical field:
- You have the freedom to be as independent as you want to be.
- We struggle with the same challenges as men. It’s NOT always because we are women.
- We CAN all get along. We DO understand teamwork.
- We get to create our identities — it hasn’t been done before. We are the pioneers and we are the creator of dreams.
- Playing with computers is fun.
- We are as smart as men — and they don’t mind us being so.
- We are treated equally as men when we work hard.
- We are paid equally when we ask for what we are worth.
- No one cares how pretty or plain we are.
- And the best kept secret of all… No line at the ladies’ room! The men have to wait!
- Women in IT Face Extra Career Path Pain Points (news.dice.com)
- Roundup: 20 Reads for Women Entrepreneurs, Part I (grasshopper.com)
- Not the First Female Anything (formingthethread.wordpress.com)
- “Gender barriers were there because I put them there” [EVENT] (technical.ly)